Monday to Friday
HS Diploma or GED
or 1 to 3 months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety Practices.
- 80% of the time is spent:
- Must be able to move quickly, demonstrate manual dexterity with both hands and demonstrate ability to crouch, stoop and kneel repeatedly.
- Takes finished product from conveyor and places in carton.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Fills in for sorter and runner positions as necessary.
- 20% of the time is spent:
- Sets up machine at beginning of shift.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine. Stops machine and performs semi-skilled adjustment and/or repairs. Other malfunctions are reported to maintenance.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.