Monday to Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety Practices.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must be able to move quickly, demonstrate manual dexterity with both hands and demonstrate ability to crouch, stoop and kneel repeatedly.
- Set-up line at beginning of shift ensuring that all associates are ready to start work.
- Assures that all line checks are completed. i.e. team leader checks front to back, production line checks weights and measures and slice line checks include weights and measures.
- Assures product is labeled, dated, on correct file, packed and stacked correctly and recorded on Daily Production Report.
- Maintains a smooth and continuous running of the line without stoppage or interruptions.
- Ensures that slicers keep meat and cheese butts sliced allowing no accumulation.
- Raw material and product is returned or sent to storage in original containers and with corrected opened date.
- Ensures that all associates are trained on Good Manufacturing Practices, how to be a team player, and the proper and safe way of performing their jobs.
- Ensures that all work areas are free of safety hazards, empty rollers, standing water and all spillage.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Directly supervises 9 or more employees in the Production Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.