Monday to Friday
HS Diploma or GED
2 years experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety Practices.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
- Must be able to move quickly, demonstrate manual dexterity with both hands and demonstrate ability to crouch, stoop and kneel repeatedly.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as type, allergen, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area at all times.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a Class A drivers license and Medical Certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified fork lift license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.